ADVANCED DIVER TRAINING: Be a better diver!
ADVANCED DIVER TRAINING introduces you to advanced dive planning for Deep Diving, Navigation, Night/Limited Visibility Diving and accident management. You will improve your basic scuba skills, perfect your buoyancy and maximize your air consumption for increased comfort, enjoyment and safety.
NITROX Training is an optional discounted add-on with Advance Diver Training and commonly used in international dive resorts and almost exclusively on live-a-boards.
Advanced Bonus: $75 (Save $75)
Thursday: Academic Session #1
6.30p – Scubahaus / Orientation, Deep, Navigation, Night Diving
Sunday: Pool Session
1p-5.30p – SMC Pool / Skills, Risk Management, Equipment Check-Out
Thursday: Academic Session #2
6:30p – Scubahaus / Nitrox (+$75 w/Advanced Class)
Saturday-Sunday: Advanced Dives – Redondo or Catalina Island
* Location pending Staff Availability. Overnight stay in Catalina Required / 6am departure on Catalina Express/Downtown Long Beach. 3.45pm return. Estimated 6pm arrive West LA.
ACADEMIC LECTURES & PRACTICAL TRAINING
6-7hrs of classroom and exam: Taught in two night sessions
4hrs practical training in a pool environment
3-4 training dives
Full Ocean Gear: Personal Gear, Complete Scuba Unit, Wetsuit+Hood+Gloves
Dive Computer – Compass – Log Book – Slate – Dive Tool – Surface Marker with Reel
Dive Lights: 1. Primary 2. Back-up and 3. Tank Strobe/Chemlight
Advanced Training $250/pp (includes text, dvd, training)
Nitrox $75 w/Advanced Diver Training
Add NITROX Bonus training to the Advanced Diver Training for $75 (regularly $150)
1. Copy of Open Water Certification (Age 15+ / Junior Advanced Diver Available)
2. Copy of current DAN Insurance Card
3. Minimum of 20 Logged Dives (dives plan, dates, location, dive profile)
* If you have not been an active diver within 1-year, a discount REFRESHER is available for $75 w/Advanced Training registration (Save $125) and completion of SSI online study
* We offer ADVANCE PREP DIVES and GUIDED DIVE TOURS with our expert training staff. If you’re not quite ready for Advanced Diver Training join us on Saturday-Sunday for Open Water ocean days for guided dive tours that will prepare you for Advanced Diver Training. $75/2xdives+transportation.
ADDITIONAL COSTS (estimates)
Ferry/Charter $70-150+tip | Air Fills $6/ea & Nitrox Fills $20/ea | Taxi | Parking $28 | Hotel
Scuba Rentals, if needed
CONTACT: Scubahaus 310-828-2916 to enroll and to confirm class schedule. www.scubahaus.com
NOTE: Advanced Diver Certification will be issued upon academic and skills proficiency. Certification is not guaranteed and is based on the individual’s aptitude, attitude and performance. Scuba diving is an inherently risky sport. Our goal is to provide the best training for the value while adhering to high standards of excellence and safety. Classes are subject to a minimum enrollment and may be rescheduled at the instructor’s discretion. Private and Semi-Private Advanced Training is available.